What is SeQUIZah?
It’s a “Mandatory Fun” competition-celebration of a successful fall term. Get ready for challenging trivia, odd and obscure scavenger hunt items, and collaborative events.
Here are some of the highlights from the OG SeQUIZah in May.
- Switch to your advisors ZOOM room
- Come up with a team name
- Send David ([email protected]) an email with your advisories team name along with a link to the Zoom room you’ll be using for your advisory
- As a group, review the rules again and consider what strategies might be most successful for your team
- Tune in this GOOGLE MEETS room for the playlist, trivia, and announcements
- Use the bathroom, grab a big glass of water (stay hydrated!), and get ready to start at 10:00 AM
General rules (following them = more safe & fun for everyone!)
- Safety First! If an event or scavenger hunt requires you to go outside, all health and safety rules must be followed. These include staying at least 6 feet away from people not in your household, wearing a mask any time you leave your home, washing your hands frequently, and not touching your face. If you are not able to follow these rules then let someone else from your advisory complete that task. Thanks for making sure your health is the first priority.
- Have a question? Send David an email ([email protected]) or visit us at this Zoom link and we will go from there.
- You will be competing as a team with your advisory members
- We will start the competition at 10:00 AM and finish at 1:00 PM – please use this zoom link to join us at 9:30am for rules on Friday
- This is a 3 hour trivia / scavenger hunt / events and random challenges competition!
- There are three very important links:
- The Barefoot Times page (what you’re looking at): This is where you can refresh yourself on any rules. You’ll also find information about ongoing event challenges on this page
- GOOGLE MEETS RADIO STATION: Listen closely to our guest student DJs as they provide background music, announce a new trivia question every 6 minutes, and slip in other important updates
- The SeQUIZah Response Form: This is where you’ll submit your trivia answers, event keywords or uploads, and scavenger hunt items
- You can also visit us using this Zoom link if you have any questions along the way
Additional information can be found in the tabs below
What you need to know
- Trivia questions will be read live on GOOGLE MEETS RADIO STATION roughly every 6 minutes
- Make sure at least one person from your team is listening for the questions, as they WON’T be posted anywhere after they are read
- Your team will have roughly 6 minutes to submit an answer to that trivia question using the SeQUIZah Response Form. Your team can only submit ONE answer per trivia question
- You only have until the answer is read to submit your guess, it won’t always be exactly 6 minutes and depends on when the songs end
- Your team will receive 20 points for each correctly answered question
- The questions will get increasingly more challenging throughout the day
- Use whatever tools and resources you have available to answer the questions (Google, books, friends, advisor…)
- Keep track of each trivia question by writing it down or recording it. Not only will this help you answer the questions, but it might be necessary in the future 😉
- Trivia points are worth twice as much (20 points) for SeQUIZah Winter 2020 Edition as they were in the spring – plan accordingly
What you need to know
Events offer your team an opportunity to win big! There will be two types of events offered throughout the day, “Top-of-the-Hour” Events and Random Live Events.
At the top of each hour, at 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, and Noon, we will be announcing a new event in the “ONGOING EVENTS” section. These are high point value events that require a significant amount of time from one or more people. Each “Top-of-the-Hour” Event will have complete details outlined in its respective tab. All “Top-of-the-Hour” Events must be submitted using the SeQUIZah Response Form by 1:00 PM sharp! Any submissions after 1:00 PM will not be counted.
Random Live Events
Unlike the “Top-of-the-Hour” Events, you’ll have to pay close attention to KAWW Sequoyah for announcements of when these sessions are offered. They will be announced live, and updated information will be available in the “ONGOING EVENTS” section. To successfully complete a Random Live Event, you must send at least one member from your team to participate. As these are participatory events, members who attend are required to turn on their video. If you are unable to use your video then please send a different member of your team. They will receive a keyword to submit using the form at the completion of the activity.
- Events will happen simultaneously with the trivia and scavenger hunt
- Some events might even happen simultaneously with each other!
- Consider how you can best delegate each of your team members most effectively based on their skills and interest
What you need to know
The scavenger hunt list includes a total of roughly 50 obscure, silly, and forgotten items. Proof, in the form of a video of photo, must be submitted via the SeQUIZah Response Form. Submitted photos must include something to indicate it came from you, such as a piece of paper with your team name written on it.
- Make a copy of the scavenger hunt list that you can share with your teammates
- Communicate with your teammate about who is looking for each item
- Consider what each of you might have available in your homes, probably not everyone will have all the necessary items
What you need to know
The Stumper’s are four high value, extra challenging trivia question. We will be releasing increasingly helpful hints each hour to help you answer the stumper questions. Your team will get to submit one answer to each of the four stumpers every time a new hint is released using the SeQUIZah Response Form. There will be a total of 4 hints over the next 4 hours. All Stumper guesses must be in by 1pm.
Different points will be awarded based on the order your team correctly guesses each stumper.
- 1st place team gets 100 points
- 2nd place team gets 80 points
- 3rd place team gets 65 points
- Every other team that correctly answers gets 50 points
So the sooner you can correctly answer the Stumper the better! David will send you an email ONLY if your team has submitted a correct Stumper answer.
- You only get ONE guess for the Stumper every time a new hint is released (roughly every hour)
- As always, if you have any questions, please visit us in the Q&A Zoom Room
- Once your team guesses a Stumper correctly, make sure not to give it away to another team!
Want to know how your team is doing? We will be posting occasional vague, and currently unverified, rankings here.
Will another advisory dethrone the previous victors – the AimDawgz? Will another advisory surpass the stunning trivia performance of the Ronniestans? Who knows what SeQUIZah Winter 2020 Edition will bring…
ONGOING EVENTS & CHALLENGES
Below is a list of all the ongoing “Top-of-the-Hour” Event, Random Live Events, Stumpers, and the Scavenger Hunt List
The Scavenger Hunt list will be posted at 10:00 AM!
The Stumper question and first clues will be posted at 10AM!
This event will be posted at 10 AM and you’ll have until 1 PM to turn it in using the SeQUIZah Response Form
This event will be posted at 11 AM and you’ll have until 1 PM to turn it in using the SeQUIZah Response Form
This event will be posted at Noon and you’ll have until 1 PM to turn it in using the SeQUIZah Response Form
Who knows! It could be anything, at any time… Listen closely to KAWW and be ready to send a team member over quickly.
Random Live Events are worth 50 points each for participating