Do you have a couple of old bananas browning in the fruit bowl? I thought so! Don’t worry–this deliciously scrumptious banana bread recipe is here to help! Not too dry and not too moist, not too sweet and definitely not too salty, it’s just perfect with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day!
Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 1 hr 25 mins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or similar size).
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the mashed banana and milk and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt).
- Add to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
Tip: when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean you know it’s ready!
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!